Having a strong faith is so important to following the Lord. Check out these notes from one student’s perspective from one of our Tuesday Nights last month. We pray this challenges and encourages you.
Becoming the Best YOU // Dick Herman
September 4, 2018
Give Jesus Full Residence of Your Life
Jesus comes at our invitation. In Revelation 3:20, Jesus says, “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.” Jesus is clearly saying to us that He is there waiting for us to open up the door and to let Him into our lives.
We tend to invite him into our home, but how many of us tell him to stay in one area instead of allowing him into all areas of our life? We tend to have doors that are closed off.
“If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever—the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.” – John 14:15-17
Invite the Holy Spirit in. The Spirit leads you. It is both with you and in you.
“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” – 2 Corinthians 3:17
Let His Character Become Your Character
- He is the vine and we are the branches. Apart from him we can do nothing. We become lifeless, like branches without the vine. [John 15:5]
- [2 Corinthians 3:18] – “transformed into his likeness” our life experiences are like a metamorphosis. When we spend time with Him and get to know Him, we start to look like Him.
- In Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Moses is talking to the Israelites. He says, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.” Something we can take away from this set of verses is for us take the spirit and goodness to the Lord gives us wherever we go.
See This Campus as He Sees This Campus
- We have the opportunity to live out the cause of Christ
- This campus is our mission field for this season of our life
- Jesus was counter-culture because He saw things through the Father’s eyes; He showed love and respect for everyone
- [Matthew 5:13-16] – take initiative like Jesus
Goal : to be successful and focused academically but first and foremost bring glory to God.
-Written by Kayla Darensbourg